Sunday, May 15, 2011

100 Miles of Bombing Fun (AKA The 100 mile garage sale, but that just sounds lame)

So last weekend was the annual "100 mile garage sale" in this area. It is the annual freak out event. People rent U-haul trucks, bet out the pick up trucks, wagons, what ever they can to haul their load of crap home!  I was excited to be able to go this year, I had to work last year.  It was a beautiful day, and was foretasted to rain! 

It used to start on Saturday and end Sunday. Then Friday and Saturday.  This year, Thursday and Friday were the big days, and by the time I went on my day off (Saturday) most of the stuff was so picked through it wasn't much fun.


Before leaving town, I remembered it was also the first Farmers Market in Winona!  I had to stop and support everyone there!  I picked up one of my favorite beef sticks from the Earth Be Glad farm!  If you have never eaten their beef, you had best try them out!  The chickens and cows are fed on a pasture based system during the growing season (i.e. warm enough to be outdoors and have food to eat) and beef are fed organic hay in the winter months, chickens organic oats corn and roasted soybeans.  The most amazing food I have ever tasted. (This coming from a former vegan.)

I decided that this would be the perfect time to do some Yarn bombing!  So away I went! I bombed the Farmers Market, in broad day light!  I even had the ca-hones to tape myself!  It will be posted on a later post, sorry folks, I don't have the time to edit it at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment